Spera Bank New Client Booklet
Spera Bank was founded in late November 2019. Csans and General of the Union bought the rights to the bank from a new player and decided to run the bank as a joint venture. The word ‘Spera’ is Latin for trust and we believe that this name epitomizes our ethos. We pride ourselves on our integrity, equitableness, and outstanding customer service. We also value the privacy of all of our clients, whether they are investors or borrowers. Yet above all, we place huge value on transparency, therefore we will provide weekly, monthly and quarterly updates on all of our operations.
We hope that you have a great experience at Spera Bank and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
“Our aim for this bank is to make Orbis a good environment for investors again - so that they can again trust in institutions like ours, without fear of their money being stolen or scammed. Investors will be treated fairly and with respect and at the same time, their investment will be put to good use for the community, so that smaller nations and alliances can get fair loans, but with little risk to the bank. At Spera, we will not be doing multi-billion dollar loans, and will most likely not accept multi-billion dollar investments - small nations will be encouraged just as much as large ones to invest, and both will reap the rewards. We appreciate that this will be hard, but we feel that it will be for the good of Orbis if this environment can be established again and we will do all that we can for that to become possible.”
Loans & Lending
At Spera Bank, we believe in offering fair loans to everyone. We believe that we have achieved this aim with the loans that we offer. It should be noted that the riskier the loan is for us, the higher the interest rate is. Loans are generally given out for between 2 and 12 weeks. Our focus is largely on smaller nations, younger nations. One of our favourite terms is that we're helping the Goldfish to become Koi, starting their journey to Whaledom. Click Here to read more about our loans processes.
Investing into Spera
- If you've taken the awesome step of becoming a Spera Bank Shareholder, then you earn dividends. Spera pays 50% of its profits as dividends proportionally to its Shareholders monthly, at the end of each month.
- Investors who have chosen to purchase Zero-Coupon Bonds will receive their original investment plus the interest at the maturity date of their bond. There are no intermediate payments.
- Patrons who choose to open savings accounts with us receive monthly interest paid on the balance of their account balance. We follow the novel practice of paying interest on the average balance for the entire month. This discourages dishonest and generally negative individuals from depositing large balances at the end of the month and then trying to withdraw them at the beginning of the month.
Investor's Bill of Rights
- The amount of profit that goes to investor dividends is proportional to the amount of shares sold. For example, if all the shares were sold, 50% of the banks profit would go to dividends, but if only 1,000,000 shares had been sold, 10% of the profit would go to dividends. The rest would be put in reserve.
- The dividends for each investor are proportional to their amount of ownership - ie. if you own 1% of the bank (100,000 shares), you would get 1% of the profit in dividends.
- Every investor will receive dividends monthly. Dividends will be paid on Saturday.
- Every Investor is automatically a member of the board.
- The number of votes that an Investor has is entirely based on their ownership of the company. For every 1000 shares that an investor owns, they receive one vote.
- An investor may sell their shares to any other shareholder, at any time. The Bank's management must be notified of any transactions. In the future, a public share market will be opened.
- If a shareholder goes inactive for over two weeks, without prior notice, their dividends may not be sent to them. Instead these dividends will be redistributed.
- If a shareholder is inactive for over two months (excluding vacation mode, with prior communication), their shares may be auctioned off among other shareholders. The rules for this will be set out if and when they are needed.
- The bank has the right to buy shares back from the investor at any time, at a price agreed by both parties.
- In the infinitesimally unlikely event of the bank going bankrupt, the management will do everything in its power to ensure that shareholders are remunerated to the greatest extent possible, however, shareholders should note that buying shares comes with inherent risk and there is absolutely no guarantee that your investment will be reimbursed.
Spera Bank Loyalty System
No other Bank in Orbis offers a loyalty system as rewarding and comprehensive as ours. This system replaces our old loyalty programme and is much more integrated into our systems and procedures.
First Time Borrower
A first time borrower who is unable to make their payments on time, every time, will not be advanced upon the conclusion of their first loan, and will instead remain classified as a first timer until they're able to complete a loan without missing payments or making late payments.
An ideal client is a client who repays every loan on time, every time. They completed a loan with prompt repayments. We never need to find them, and we never need to worry about if we’re going to see the money from them. Should an "ideal" client make late repayments, they will be downgraded back to first timer status and will need to re-earn their status on a subsequent loan.
An exceptional client transcends the minimums of an ideal client, and also has taken at least seven loans with us. All of their payments have been prompt. In addition, they have brought at least three new ideal clients our way, or they have demonstrated their exceptional worth to the SMT in some other way. Should an "exceptional" client make late repayments, they will be downgraded back to the "ideal" grade, will need to bring us three new ideal clients, and once again demonstrate that they are exceptional before returning to this grouping.
Trusted patrons are the crème de la crème at Spera Bank. These individuals are highly prized for their consistently solid reputation as exceptional clients, and they are also actively supporters of the bank. They have brought at least seven new ideal clients, have taken at least seven loans since becoming exceptional, or a combination thereof. Trusted patrons who make a late payment may be forgiven their forgetfulness, however if it becomes a common occurrence they will be downgraded. As a token of our continued appreciation, Trusted Patrons receive a free ticket each week for the Orbis Lottery (quick-pick).